Wednesday, February 14, 2018

My Valentine

Our wedding day - March 25, 1995


This week's prompt for Amy Johnson Crow's  52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks is "Valentine". 

My valentine for the last 25+ years has been my husband, Don.  I feel like, especially now-a-days, 25 years together is kind of a big deal.  We've been through a lot of ups and downs.  We've had three beautiful daughters together.  We've started a business that fortunately has survived 20+ years.  We've built two houses.  We've lost loved ones.  We're far from the "perfect" couple.  We fight and make up.  Through it all, we have always had each other's back.

We have great role models who have taught us how to love and the importance of family. I thought I would celebrate this Valentine's Day by sharing photos of those that have left a loving legacy for Don and I, and hopefully our children one day.



 



My mom and dad
Scott Lewis & Cindy Dorf
Married 48 years in May
My in-laws
Karl Hansen & Sherry Matzke
Married a few weeks short of 45 years when Karl passed away.


My paternal grandparents
Roger Lewis & Phyllis Bartley
Married just shy of 28 years when Roger died in 1972.
















My maternal grandparents
Ken Dorf & Iris Kersten
Married 25 years when Ken died in 1973.


















Don's maternal grandparents
Don Matzke & Fern Carson
Married 48 years when Fern died in 1987.


















Don's paternal grandparents
Karl Hansen & Anna Dahlblom















As my girls would say ...  #goals

No comments:

Post a Comment